BDS Launches the “Summer of Wellness”
Did you know that wellness programs are linked to greater productivity, less absenteeism, and a reduction of long-term health care costs? Knowing this, BDS’ award-winning HR department joined forces with BDS’ Learning Design team to launch the “Summer of Wellness”, a ten-week long initiative challenging BDSers to lead healthy, balanced lifestyles while learning new skills, developing their health knowledge, and having fun while being active. The initiative promotes the balance of the mind, body, and soul, all three of which are essential to maintaining a happy and healthy lifestyle. With a variety of corporate sponsored activities inside and outside the office, you’ll now see BDSers walking around the block at lunch, sharing healthy meal tips, and chatting about the group hike in Laguna Beach from the weekend.
So, what are BDSers most excited about?
- Passports to Wellness: Work out and win a prize? Yes, please! These fun passport-like booklets provide BDSers with the chance to collect participation stamps and use them toward fantastic prizes at the end of the challenge.
- Lunch & Learns: With healthy eating, financial stability, and lifestyle balance courses on the calendar, BDSers get to learn about how to feed the mind, body, and soul while enjoying a free lunch.
- Wellness Events: The “Summer of Wellness” successfully launched earlier this month with a fun-filled kick-off event. Since then, BDSers have been able to rev up their metabolism and get on track with their wellness thanks to on-site yoga, Insanity fitness classes, wall sit contests, healthy cooking challenges, weekend hiking trips and more!
- Weight Loss Challenge: At the end of ten weeks, the top two BDSers who lose the highest percentage of weight will be crowned the 2nd Annual Weight Loss Challenge Champs!
- Extracurricular Activities: BDSers who work on their health and wellness outside the BDS walls are also rewarded! While these activities are not organized by BDS, participants can still earn extra stamps from any healthy activity completed on their own time.
- Extra Credit: As an agency that’s driven by Achievement, it’s no exception that “The Summer of Wellness” rewards those who go above and beyond to lead or coordinate a wellness event inside or outside of the office.
At the end of the day, the “Summer of Wellness” has not only brought the entire community of BDSers together, but it has also taught us to care for our bodies the same way we care for our clients. As Jim Rohn said, “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”